After WSUS installation on Windows Server 2012 I discovered that it’s running on port 8530, different than on older version of Windows (it was using port 80 from beginning). But what’s more interesting it was running ONLY on IPv6 interface! Switching binding configuration in IIS doesn’t help.
I could stand switching port – it’s nothing hard with GPO, but IPv6 only configuration was not acceptable.
After googling for some time I found one command that solved my problems by switching WSUS to older behavior and run it on port 80 (on default website).
Just run on elevated command line:
C:\Program Files\Update Services\Tools\WSUSutil usecustomwebsite false
After half a minute WSUS was working like a charm 🙂
After connecting few computers with Windows 8.1 to domain we found that these computers are not recognized or recognized as Windows 6.3 (which is true) on WSUS 3.0 running on Windows Server 2008. The bad thing was that they can’t properly report to WSUS and get updates from it.
I found that there are two updates that have to be installed (but they’re not working without additional steps):
After installation of second update there are two additional steps that have to be performed to get WSUS working:
Reindex the WSUS Database
To do this perform these steps:
Done. Your WSUS will not recognize 8.1 clients but will work with them and serve updates.